Thursday, July 18, 2013

The world that lives within me…


I wonder if it happens to a lot of people. Standing in front of the mirror and wondering about the person staring back at you. Who the hell is this and why is it mocking at me? A few seconds later you realize that it’s someone you know or used to know. YOU!!!
It often happens to me, when I start questioning why I am here. Is this really the present? Am I between time and space or am I the space in between the time or the time flowing in between the spaces? Is there a larger purpose to my being here? Is what I am doing really what I should be doing?

Most of the times these questions haunt me and make me question everything around me. And questions are important. When you question things, it shows you still feel…that it makes a difference…that you are still living. I suppose, most of us merely exist. 'Living life' is a forgotten concept. When was the last time you danced in the rain, or bunked the office, took your car and went for a long drive?
We are born free and yet as we keep growing up, we get more and more bound in chains.

Feeling that sense of life, when things matter is what makes being alive awesome. Why are we so afraid to be happy? Too often I have heard people say, ‘Don’t be so happy. Sorrow will follow’ or don’t celebrate just yet, things can still go wrong. Yes; so sorrow will follow and things will go wrong. But don’t let go of the moments that can make us feel alive, or moments that give us a sense of happiness, don't run away from those little things that make for a deliriously happy spirit…
So yes, I love my life. With all its ups and downs, with all its happiness and sadness, for all the people that have looked down on me and wished me to fail, for all the times when I felt hopeless or hopeful, for all the times that tested my resolve or made me weak and helpless…I wouldn’t have my life any other way!

There is a whole different world that lives within me…A world in which I instinctively know that no matter how much you do for people, it will never be enough. But don’t stop doing it anyway. A world where I know that every step I take will be full of hardships and heartaches but also that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. So take that step. A world where I am a master of my own destiny…A world where I know I am and will always be “ME”
So feel the feelings and don’t give up on living!!!

In words of William W. Purkey….
“You've got to dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth

2 comments:

  1. This is a perspective I often seem to consider, but never really bothered to pen down! Great of you to have done that! Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there archied11 information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO

    ReplyDelete